Professional Organizing Services Contract
- To develop a plan of action for dealing with the client’s organizational concerns.
- To suggest specific organizing techniques and supplies, and to help locate auxiliary services which may improve the client’s organizing abilities.
- To set up the agreed-upon customized organizing systems and instruct the client in their function and maintenance.
- To provide the client with guidance and motivation throughout the organizing process.
- To offer the client whatever follow-up support (additional organizing sessions, phone coaching, etc.) are necessary to help maintain the changes made.
- To create a shopping list of organizing supplies necessary for each session and purchase those supplies for the client, at client’s expense.
- To take any small “discards” from the client’s house and donate them to the appropriate charity, providing the client with a tax receipt for any applicable deduction, at no cost.
- To make whatever prior arrangements are necessary (childcare, rescheduling other responsibilities, etc.) to reduce interruptions during organizing sessions.
- To be on time for each scheduled appointment and prepared to work for the full session.
- To make a concerted effort to implement and maintain the suggested changes (as agreed upon by both the client and the organizer) in environment, schedule, or procedure, as are necessary to the organizing process.
The organizing services provided will focus on improving both the client’s physical environment and long-term organizing abilities.
Changes in organizing habits occur over time, and the client understands that the creation of lasting results will require multiple organizing sessions. Failure on the client’s part to implement and maintain those systems recommended by the organizer shall in no way be construed as a failure to provide adequate services or a breach of contract on the organizer’s part.
The organizer will serve as a consultant, and is in no way responsible for the consequences of decisions made by the client. The client accepts full responsibility for all decisions made during or outside the organizing session.
Appointment Confirmation, Cancellation/Missed Appointments, and Start Time
Organized Sanctuaries will contact you before your scheduled organization session to confirm.
Cancellations received with less than 24 hours’ notice or no-show will have a $100 cancelation fee. Repeated cancellations will result in a disruption of services. ** UPDATED AS OF JUNE 25, 2020: The cancellation fee will be waived if we need to reschedule due to any COVID-19 related issues.
Hands-on decluttering and organizing sessions begin at the scheduled time, regardless if the Client is delayed.
The client recognizes that entering into this contract with Organizer means that Organizer may be in contact with personal items and information. The organizer agrees not to divulge any of this information and to maintain the highest standards of confidentiality and respect for the Client’s possessions and home.
A signed contract is required prior to the start of any organizing project. In some circumstances, Organized Sanctuaries may request a deposit or a retainer before confirming appointments or providing services.
Disruption of Services
Organized Sanctuaries reserves the right to terminate the contract if the Client repeatedly cancels/changes appointments or engages in disruptive, threatening, or violent behavior. Disruptive is defined as hindering Organized Sanctuaries from carrying out their professional duties, and may include yelling, verbal abuse, and refusing reasonable requests. Threatening is defined as physical actions short of contact, general oral or written threats to people or property, and implicit threats. Violent is defined as physical assault directed at people or property.
Organized Sanctuaries reserves the right to issue refunds in the event of disruption of services.
Fees & Payments
Organized Sanctuaries will decide independently and communicate to the Client in advance the fees and expenses, and will charge fees and expenses which we deem reasonable, legitimate, and commensurate with our experience, the services we deliver, and the responsibility we accept.
Organized Sanctuaries reserves the right to charge different rates for working in any conditions we deem dangerous or hazardous based on the assessment.
Organized Sanctuaries accepts payment by check or Venmo (@organizedsanctuaries) at this time. There will be a charge of $45 for any check returned for insufficient funds or any bank draft item that is not payable for any reason, as well as additional collection and/or legal fees to compensate for overdraft charges and unpaid account balances. Full payment is due at the end of each calendar day unless prepaid through the purchase of a package. Please make checks out to Organized Sanctuaries LLC.
Personal Liability of the Client
In the event of bodily injury to any representative of Organized Sanctuaries, the contract holder is liable for any and all medical bills and emergencies as included in their personal and/or business insurance.
Client releases all rights to before and after photos, to be used in Organized Sanctuaries’s publications, including but not limited to the website and pamphlets. Client agrees that photos may also be used for Organized Sanctuaries’’s publications/website, provided that Client’s name is not linked to the photos in any way.
By doing business with Organized Sanctuaries, the Client consents to being added to and be contacted by Organized Sanctuaries’ email list. The Client can unsubscribe at any time.
Regarding the purging, sorting, and organizing of items, the Client maintains process ownership. Organized Sanctuaries recognizes items as the sole property of the Client, and though efforts will be made to help purge when needed, it is hereby stated that the final decision on such matters belongs to the Client.
Project outcomes depend on the Client’s willingness to purge and donate when needed, and to properly organize and maintain items. Long-term maintenance of organization hinges on the Client’s commitment to maintaining the order, and quantity of items in the space.
Referrals are an important part of the success of Organized Sanctuaries. If a paid Client refers someone to us who becomes a new client, the existing Client will receive one discounted organizing session after the new client’s first paid session with us!
Supplies & Shopping Assistance
Organized Sanctuaries will make suggestions about what supplies should be purchased and per the Client’s request, Organized Sanctuaries will shop and purchase the supplies, making certain they are delivered to Client’s location.
Clients are responsible to pay for all agreed-upon supplies (file folders, labels, labeling tape, storage containers, shelving, etc.) necessary for the completion of the project. Receipts for funds spent on Client’s behalf will be presented if requested; payment remitted by the Client within 14 days of receipt.
30 minutes of round-trip travel time is complimentary from Organized Sanctuaries’s offices in South Seattle (98118). Any additional travel time is billed at our standard hourly rate.
Travel time between work sites is billable at our standard hourly rate.
Staying safe during your organizing session: Organized Sanctuaries’s COVID 19 Precautions
- Take my temperature before each session, as well as monitor my health for any COVID-19 symptoms (including but not limited to: fever, cough, shortness of breath, fatigue, muscle aches, or new loss of taste or smell).
- Sanitize my hands, cell phone, tools, and other frequently touched items prior to entering your home.
- Maintain a minimum six-foot separation between us.
- Wear cloth facial mask.
- Frequent hand cleaning (washing or hand sanitizer).
- Sanitize all surfaces with a disinfectant at the end of the session. Please note: I will reserve 15 minutes at the end of each session for sanitizing.
- I will waive the cancellation fee if we need to reschedule due to any COVID-19 related issues.
- Take your temperature before my arrival.
- Inform me if you or anyone in your household or “pod” have any COVID-19 symptoms (including but not limited to: fever, cough, shortness of breath, fatigue, muscle aches, or new loss of taste or smell).
- Wear a face mask that covers your nose and mouth at any point when you are within distance of me. This applies to all family members that are at home and within distance of me. If you have young children or other family members who are not able to wear a mask, please make sure that they stay away from the room in which I am working.
- As much as I love chatting with you all during our time together, I ask that we keep interactions short. We can always schedule a virtual session for further planning or other discussions.